3 slices white bread, crusts removed
375g puff pastry (3 sheets)
500g sausage mince (sausage meat from sausages is fine)
1 tspn dried mustard
finely grated carrot
salt and pepper
1. Set oven at 200 deg C.
2. Place bread in a bowl and cover with milk
3. Prepare pastry;
4. Squeeze out excess milk from bread. Place sausage mince in a bowl and with a fork work in bread, mustard and seasonings. Divide mixture into three and shape into a long thin roll.
5. Place one portion of sausage mince on each pastry sheet. Moisten edges with water. Roll up and seal edges.
6. Prick top with tines of a fork. Brush lightly with egg-wash.
7. Cut sausage rolls into 5 1/2 cm lengths.
8. Bake in preheated oven on baking tray for 25 minutes.
To get best results always chill sausage rolls for 1 hour before glazing and baking to prevent excessive shrinkage of the pastry.