2 cups plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
½ tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1 small egg
1 tsp golden syrup
1. Sift into basin flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger.
2. Rub in butter until mixture has a very fine crumb consistency.
3. Beat egg with golden syrup, add to dry ingredients
4. Work into a firm dough with hand. Take teaspoonful’s of mixture, roll into small balls, place on lightly greased oven trays about 5cm apart.
5. Bake in moderately slow oven about 15 minutes. Loosen biscuits and cool on the trays.
Makes about 40