6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
4 rashers bacon, diced
1 cup thickened cream (or 300ml pouring cream)
1 cup sour cream
1 ½ cups shredded cheese
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 tablespoon chopped parsley or garlic chives
1 tablespoon olive oil or spray oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large pot (biggest saucepan) boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until soft (do not overcook).
3. While potatoes are boiling, add oil to frying pan and cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Put sliced potatoes, bacon, garlic, parsley, cream and sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheese into a large mixing bowl and place in an ovenproof dish.
5. Remove potato mixture from bowl and place in an ovenproof dish.
6. Add the remaining cheese to the top of the mixture and bake in the over for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
JANITA’S NOTES: 300ml pouring cream instead of thickened cream; biggest saucepan. Serves 4 to 6.